Want to preview your package before it arrives? If yes, then here is a great service offered by USPS called as “USPS Informed Delivery”. This service allows users to have a digital look at their letter-sized mailpieces and manage their packages scheduled to arrive soon. USPS offers many services which benefits users and this service is one of them.
For detailed information about Informed Delivery, you need to read the information shared below. Everything from What is Informed delivery to how it works to how to sign up is shared below. There is also a section called “FAQs” where you will get answers to most commonly asked questions about USPS Informed Delivery. Let’s get started and understand What Informed Delivery is?
What is USPS Informed Delivery?
As mentioned above that Informed Delivery is a service which allows users to digitally preview their letter-sized mailpieces and also manage their packages which are scheduled to arrive soon. With this service, a user can preview their package before it delivers, you can check what’s coming to the mailbox anytime, anywhere. Informed Delivery is a free notification service for residential consumers and users can actually see what’s coming to their mailbox anytime on their laptop, computer, or any smart device.
To avail this service, a user first needs to sign up and then explore the advantages of this service.
As soon as you’re signed up, you will start receiving digital notifications if there is any mail item which is scheduled to arrive. USPS digitally images the front of letter-sized mailpieces which run through the automation equipment. Those images are used by USPS to send digital notifications to users in advance before the actual delivery of the physical mail.
With this service, you will have a visibility about your package and mail delivery each day. You can take actions if required before the important mail item reach the mailbox while offering mailers an unprecedented opportunity to engage users through synchronized direct mail and digital marketing campaigns.
- 1 Informed Delivery App: Know what’s coming anytime, anywhere.
- 2 USPS Informed Delivery FAQ’s
Features of USPS Informed Delivery
- Secure Access: You will get a secure online dashboard which is password protected through which you can easily interact with your incoming mail and packages.
- Preview Incoming Mail: You will be able to check out the preview i.e. view grayscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-sized mailpieces before it actually reaches your mailbox.
- Track Packages: You can easily check the delivery status of your incoming mail and packages.
- Delivery Instructions: A user can leave delivery instruction as well such as Whether he/she will be available at home to pick the package or not.
- Schedule Redelivery: If you’ve Missed a delivery, then Schedule a package to be redelivered.
- Manage Notifications: Set up email and/or text notifications to track the delivery status of your package.
Informed Delivery App: Know what’s coming anytime, anywhere.
USPS Informed Delivery app is available for free download for iOS, Android, and Windows users. All you need to do is use the buttons shared below and download the app as per your operating system. Now view incoming mail and track incoming packages anytime, anywhere on your smartphone or tablet.
Now let’s understand how Informed Delivery works.
How Does Informed Delivery Works?
Informed Delivery service allows users to digitally preview their mail items & packages before they arrive. The customers who have enrolled for this service receive an email every day that shows the front side of letter-size mail, allow a user to know who the sender is and to whom the mail or letter is addressed.
USPS users can sign up for this free notification service online and get their free, password-protected account that creates a digital mailbox for the direct mail they receive at their house. Once your account is set up then you will start receiving email notifications containing the grayscale image of the front of a common-sized mail piece, like a #10 envelope or folded self-mailer. You can also check these images on the Informed Delivery dashboard by login at informeddelivery.usps.com. The dashboard displays mailpiece images for a seven-day period, while package information will display for 15 days after each package has been delivered. Users can opt-in to receive email or text notifications with status updates for incoming packages, too.
Also, note that the Images of larger mail, such as magazines or catalogs, will be given only if the mailer conducts a synchronized digital marketing campaign.
Now you know how this service works, now you might be thinking how to avail this service or how to sign up for this service? Well, it’s pretty simple, all you need to do is follow the instructions shared below.
How to Sign up?
To sign up for the informed delivery service, you need to first;
- Check whether your residential address is eligible for this service or not.
- Then Verify your identity.
Here is the step by step guide:
Step 1: Visit informeddelivery.usps.com.
Step 2: Then, Click on the “Sign Up For Free” option.
Step 3: Now you need to enter your correct address details to know whether your residential address is eligible for informed delivery or not.
If your address is not eligible, you may still create an account so you may use USPS Click-N-Ship or Postal Store by following the prompts.
Step 4: If your address is eligible, log in to your usps.com account. If you do not have a usps.com account, create one and then proceed further.
Step 5: Opt-in to Informed Delivery by selecting “Enroll” and fill out your username, password, security questions, and contact information to create your profile.
Step 6: Complete the identity verification process. Here is how you can complete the identity verification process.
- Firstly, log in to your usps.com account, then select “Informed Delivery” option available on the top right of your profile page.
- Select “Enroll” and scroll down to the Informed Delivery box under “Account Management”. Click the box to expand it.
- Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions and certify your address, then select “Enroll in Informed Delivery” to continue.
- Complete the identity verification questions.
Step 7: You have successfully signed up for the service, now you will start receiving notifications within a week.
USPS Informed Delivery FAQ’s
Here is few most commonly asked question with a proper answer.
How much Does USPS Informed Delivery Cost?
A lot of people ask this question. The answer is No Cost i.e. this service is provided at no additional cost for all Informed Delivery users.
USPS Informed Delivery Not Working or Not Receiving Notifications
There can be many reasons why you’re not receiving notifications such as:
- Notifications will be sent only when mail is being processed and delivered to the home.
- There will be no notifications when there is no mail to be delivered.
- There will be no notifications on Sundays or federal holidays.
- Package notifications are sent or available online when there is an update on the status of an incoming package.
If you’re not receiving notification even when there is a mail to be delivered then make sure to check the spam filter settings and the contents of your deleted items or junk email folder. You can also check your Email Opt-In settings on the dashboard at informeddelivery.usps.com. If you would like to receive text notifications about your packages, go to the “Settings” tab in your dashboard and enter your mobile number under the Contact Details section.
After How Many Days I will Start Getting Images of my Mail?
The activation time varies, but normally it may take up to 3 business days.
Is it Possible to get Informed Delivery notification to more than one email addresses?
The answer is No, you can put only one email address i.e. this feature is available only for one email address per user. In case, if there are multiple people at the same residential address, then they can each sign up for Informed Delivery and receive notifications.
How to update the email address?
If you want to update the email address then you need to edit the email address in your usps.com profile. You will receive notification on the email address that is written or available in the usps.com profile.
How do I receive notifications?
USPS will send notifications to the email address that you have provided in your usps.com account profile. If you receive over 10 pieces of mail, you will see 10 mailpieces in the email notification and will be provided a link to see the remainder of your household’s mailpieces on the dashboard at informeddelivery.usps.com.
How to subscribe to Informed Delivery Service if I can’t verify my identity online?
As mentioned above that you need to verify your identity in order to successfully sign up for the informed delivery service. But, in case, if you’re facing a problem in verifying your identity or you are unable to verify your identity online for Informed Delivery account, then you may do verification at specific USPS locations that provide Identity Verification Services. Please follow the steps shared below to locate the nearest Identity Verification Service locations.
- Firstly, you need to login to your personal usps.com account.
- Then click on the “Informed Delivery” in the top right of the page
- Select “Enroll”
- Select “Informed Delivery”, located in the Account Management section.
- In case, if you have failed to verify the identity in the last 72 hours, then you will see a “Verify Your Identity” option in the red font. Select “Enroll in Informed Delivery”.
- Then there will be an option to pursue In-Peron Identity Verification. Choose “Opt-in” under this option.
- Next, you will see a list of locations that are offering Identity Verification Services near to your location.
- Then, Scroll to the bottom of the list and select “Continue to In-Person Proofing.” You will be redirected to a page with more information and receive an email with further instructions.
You need to read the information carefully and bring all the documents and forms of identification to the Identity Verification Service facility. Also note that you need to wait for 72 hours if you does not follow the steps above immediately after failing the identity proofing process