USPS Text Tracking: Allow users to track their packages or mail items to check the current status of delivery. A unique number is allotted to each mail item which is shipped through USPS, this number is called USPS Tracking Number, used to track the packages. However, there are multiple ways to track the packages i.e. online tracking, call customer support, visit post office etc. One such way is “Text Tracking” which let you get the important delivery information regarding your mail items through the text messages. Read the information shared below to know more about this service.
What is USPS Text Tracking
Track packages by justing sending a text with the format provided by the USPS. All the tracking information related to the delivery will come at your mobile phone. Text tracking makes the whole process of tracking a lot easier and faster.
If you don’t know to use text tracking or want to know the keywords that are used in text tracking then read the information shared below.
Use USPS Text Tracking to Track Packages
You need to first Request for text tracking by following any of the ways explained below:
You can use your mobile phone to get the all tracking information by just sending a text to USPS.
- Send a text to 28777 with your Tracking Number. You will get the latest tracking information about your package.
- Send a text to 28777 with your tracking number and the keyword. Keywords are used to obtain a specific type of tracking information, you will learn more about this in next section.
You can register for text track from the website after tracking the package on USPS tracking. You can opt the with the following option.
- All past tracking activity on your package.
- Notification of delivery/delivery attempt of your item.
- All future tracking activity on your package.
- All past and future tracking activity on your package.
Text tracking is absolutely free i.e. No money is required for this service. Money people have this question “Does USPS text tracking cost money?” The answer is No.
Use Keywords to track package
ALong with tracking number, you can send a keyword as well to obtain a specific type of tracking information. The definition of each keyword is shared below in the table.